I served this Cauliflower Gratinee (Gratin) Recipe at a dinner party with a side salad and Potato Cheese Pierogi (of course), and it was a great hit! Some people use heavy cream instead of milk but I wanted to keep it a lower fat menu item. Also, you can sprinkle bread crumbs on top of the cauliflower with the cheese to give it more texture if you like. Adjust the spice and garlic to your taste, and you have an easy baked cauliflower dish that all will enjoy!
Baked Cauliflower Gratinee DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, add chopped onions and butter/oil. Cover and cook till browned, stirring frequently. Add melted butter and flour, cook stir for only 2 minutes. Add the 2 cups milk (or heavy cream) and the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and stir cook for 2 minutes, remove from fire.
3. Butter the bottom of a casserole dish, and place cooked (steamed) florets on top ot it.
4. Spoon warm sauce over the cauliflower pieces, sprinkle on the grated cheese, and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
5. Serve with sprinkled fresh parsely on top.
*Click "Add New Comment" below to leave a cooking suggestion about this Polish Recipe or Polish Recipes in general. We want your feedback!