To utterly spoil your guests with something that will just melt in their mouth, try this Bacon Wrapped Pierogi recipe! It is super easy to prepare and can be made in advance so that you just pop it in the oven right before your guests arrive. All our Pierogi flavors work well with this one, but for a party, you may want to use our Potato Cheese Pierogi to satisfy all taste preferences--whole wheat is really good too!
Best Pierogi Appetizer ~ Bacon Wrapped Pierogi
1-2 Packages of Polska Foods' Pierogi
Salty boiling water
17 slices of quality bacon
POLISH PIEROGI RECIPE DIRECTIONS
1. If you use our fresh, flash frozen pierogi, do not defrost pierogi. If you are not sure about the audience, I would serve Potato Cheese Pierogi since it is loved by all ages and by even the most picky eaters!
2. Boil a large pot of salty water. When at a full boil, carefully drop just enough frozen pierogi so that they will not touch when they float to the top of the pot. Immediately stir so they do not stick to the bottom of the pot and break. Let water come to a gentle boil again, and as soon as it starts to boil, turn water down to a low simmer, stirring occasionally. When the Pierogi rise to the surface, cook an extra 1-2 minutes till tender. 6-7 minutes total.
3. Remove pierogi from pot by using a slotted spoon to take them out individually and rest on a plate with olive oil so they do not stick together. Repeat until all Pierogi are cooked. Can refrigerate over night.
4. When pierogi are cool, wrap each pierogi with half a piece of bacon and place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with brown sugar if desired.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 400 F or until brown, turning once.
PIEROGI DISH PRESENTATION:
1. Put pierogies on a plate with toothpicks on each one.
2. Serve pierogies with sour cream on the side (or in a dish in the middle). Sprinkle sour cream with chives or dill for added color and presentation. You can also serve hot sauce on the side for the few who like a "spicy" pierogi sauce.