Brussels sprouts are a healthy side dish with pierogi, so enjoy this easy Polish recipe with a tasty sour cream dill sauce (that you can use on top of your pierogi too). If you have kids, this Brussels Sprouts recipe is a great way to get them to eat their vegetables too. Look for smaller brussels sprouts when you shop, and make sure they are tightly closed.
1. Wash and clean brussels sprouts and remove any wilted or yellow leaves. Trim stems with knife and cut each brussels sprout in half (lengthwise).
2. Melt 1 tablespoon salted butter in pan, and then add brussels sprouts. Brown for a few minutes. Then add milk, garlic, 1/4 cup water, and 1 tablespoon dill. Cover and steam for five minutes till tender, but do not over cook.
3. When done, drain any remaining liquid in pan. Add remaining butter to pan, ground pepper, and whole wheat bread crumbs. Toss to brown on low heat. Taste one sprout to make sure it is cooked through. Salt to taste.
4. Prepare dill sauce by mixing all ingredients in a bowl. Drizzle over brussels sprouts and serve.
5. Use remaining dill sauce as a topping for cooked pierogi.
*Click "Add New Comment" below to leave a cooking suggestion about this Polish Recipe or Polish Recipes in general. We want your feedback!