This is Moriah Smith's recipe using delicate Spinach & Cheese pierogi! It is super easy to make and a great summer dish. Enjoy this pierogi with fresh tomatoes, giving it a nice Italian twist! If you want, you can sprinkle fresh parmesan cheese on top of the pierogi when you serve, or add any fresh herb from your summer garden.
1. Boil pierogi by following directions on package, take out of boiling water with a slotted spoon, and set aside on a plate to cool.
2. Heat pan on medium high with olive oil.
3. Place tomatoes in pan with center side down in pan to brown.
4. Toss in crushed garlic cloves and season with salt and pepper.
5. Optional: add rosemary twigs and basil to pan.
6. After tomatoes start to brown, squash down a bit with garlic and oil. Remove rosemary twigs.
7. Reduce heat to low, press tomatoes into a chunky style gravy, mix well with garlic.
8. Add pierogi to pan, toss gently and serve.