This Polish Red Cabbage recipe is a great holiday dinner (or any event). This recipe can serve up to 10 people as a side dish, but since spiced red cabbage is even better the next few days, I always make more than I need for excellent left-overs. Also known as Sweet & Sour Red Cabbage, this polish dish goes really well with any meat, but it is popular to fix with ham or sausage.
POLISH Red Cabbage Recipe Directions
1. Clean and cut red cabbage into quarters (discard core) and then coarsely shred (or use food processor).
2. Add onion and cabbage in a large pot with butter and/or olive oil. Cook slowly to reduce.
3. Mix rest of ingredients (including the rest of butter) together into bowl, pour into pot.
4. Simmer slowly for 30-45 minutes. Check to make sure that the water has not evaporated. Stir occasionally.
5. Simmer till tender. Season to taste (sugar, salt, pepper, etc.)
6. Best if refrigerated over night and reheated the next day!
*Click "Add New Comment" below to leave a cooking suggestion about this Polish Recipe or Polish Recipes in general. We want your feedback!