A pierogi frittata? Why not! That is what we do: turn Polish recipes into California cuisine. My mom (Gaby) perfected this recipe below. She adds a special twist with this pierogi recipe by using whole wheat spinach pierogi, asparagus, garlic, and onion. You can use potato cheese pierogi too. Who said you can't eat pierogi for breakfast? This easily serves 5-6 adults. If you have kids, they will love this pierogi recipe too! We used all organic ingredients in this recipe, which we recommend if you have it available.
Breakfast Pierogi Fritatta Recipe DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Follow boiling directions on bag by boiling pierogies gently. Remove with a slotted spoon on a plate. Cover and set aside.
3. Heat olive oil and butter in 10 inch diameter non-stick skillet. Add chopped onion, sauté until tender.
4. Add garlic and stir for one minute, do not burn.
5. Add 2-3 tablespoons water and chopped asparagus. Cover to steam. Stir occasionally and cook till tender (5-7 minutes).
6. Whisk eggs, milk, parsley, oregano, chili pepper, salt, and pepper in medium sized bowl. Add 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, white sharp cheddar, or Gruyere cheese to mixture.
7. Add half of egg mixture to skillet. Place pierogies on top and then add remaining egg mixture. Cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes until set.
8. Add Parmesan cheese and bake in oven 15-20 minutes until the egg in the center is firm.
9. Remove and serve with chopped parsley on top as a garnish.
*Click "Add New Comment" below to leave a cooking suggestion about this Polish Recipe or Polish Recipes in general. We want your feedback!