Everyone loves green beans, but this green bean recipe with garlic and pierogi makes it into a meal the whole family will enjoy. We cook the green beans crisp-tender so they retain their vivid green color and we use low-fat turkey bacon to reduce the fat.
Green Beans with Garlic & Pierogi DIRECTIONS
1. Cook green beans in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain, and set aside.
2. Boil pierogi (follow directions on package), set aside to cool on plate with olive oil.
3. Heat the butter and oil with bacon and onion, till onion is sightly brown. (Can add any herbs such as Trader Joe's 21 seasoning salute).
4. Add garlic, bell pepper, salt, pepper, vinegar, and cook with onions until bell pepper is soft. Then add green beans and toss together in pan.
5. You can saute the pierogi in the same pan, tossing them together, or fry them in a separate pan and mix at the end. It depends on how much room you have in the pan.
6. Taste and see if you need more vinegar, salt, or pepper. Enjoy!