Refreshing for the summer months, this Polish Carrot and Apple Salad recipe is a perfect side dish for pierogi. It is also bright and colorful so it great to bring to parties, and the added raisins give it a nice natural sweetness. Use small crisp carrots that are not dry and find apples that are crunchy and juicy--Fuji apples work well. We triple this recipe and enjoy throughout the week as a healthy snack.
Apple Carrot Salad DIRECTIONS
1. Soak raisins in hot water.
2. Wash and grate the carrots and apples (a food processor is highly recommended).
3. Toss apples and carrots with lemon juice, coat thoroughly so apples do not brown.
4. Drain raisins and add to carrot salad. Add sour cream and dill and mix well. Taste for sweetness and add sugar if needed.
5. Allow to chill for one hour to one day in fridge. This salad can actually last for several days.
*Click "Add New Comment" below to leave a cooking suggestion about this Polish Recipe or Polish Recipes in general. We want your feedback!