Try this Polish warm Beet Salad recipe any time of year. Of all beet recipes, this one is the perfect blend of sweet and sour flavors, satisfying your taste buds and nourishing your body. Most people have tried cold beet salad, but this warm beet recipe is surprisingly tasty and could work well over a bed of lettuce or simply serve as a side dish with a plate of pierogies. If you have left-overs, you can refrigerate over-night and enjoy a cold beet salad the next day with pine nuts, feta cheese, and basil.
beet Root salad DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
2. Add chopped onion, sauté until tender.
3. Add beets. (To prepare beets, scrub clean, trim, peel, and cut into 1/4 inch slices. You can also shred beets which is very popular in Poland.)
4. Add 1/4 cup water, balsamic vinegar, and cover. Cook/steam beets until just barely tender, about 5-10 minutes.
4. Season with sugar, salt, and pepper to taste. Gently stir over low heat until heated through, maybe another 15 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and serve warm with parsley as a garnish. You can also refrigerate over night and serve as a cold salad with hazelnuts and feta or goat cheese.
*Click "Add New Comment" below to leave a cooking suggestion about this Polish Recipe or Polish Recipes in general. We want your feedback!