If you are looking for a healthy version of eggplant parmesan, and also a quick and easy way to make it, try this Roasted Eggplant & Tomato with Pierogi casserole recipe. This roasted eggplant pierogi recipe is super simple to make, exceptionally good, and works with both the Potato Cheese Pierogi, or the Spinach Mushroom pierogi. If you are out of eggplant, we posted a roasted tomatoes recipe with pierogi to enjoy too.
Pierogi casserole DIRECTIONS
1. Slice eggplant in 1/2 inch thick slices. Toss with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in bowl -- coat all sides. Place on a baking dish and bake at 425 degrees in oven for 25-30 minutes or until tender. While baking, prepare pierogi.
2. Boil frozen pierogi according to directions. Place on plate to cool.
3. When eggplant is done, take out of oven and place pierogi on top of eggplant (one or two pieces of pierogi per slice, depending on the size of eggplant slice). Add sliced tomato on top.
4. Bake until tomatoes are lightly roasted (about 10 minutes). Remove dish from oven and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake until cheese melts (few minutes).
5. Garnish with freshly chopped basil, and serve immediately.
*Click "Add New Comment" below to leave a cooking suggestion about this Polish Recipe or Polish Recipes in general. We want your feedback!